IMS Buhrke-Olson offers a wide variety of opportunities in metal fabrication and stamping, both at our U.S. headquarters and at our two Mexico facilities. We are always seeking qualified candidates who share our commitment to quality products and superior workmanship; helping our manufacturing clients scale their operations and enhance their brands.
Our most recent openings are below. Don’t see a position you are looking for? Please feel free to contact us using the General Application link. We are always looking for qualified and experienced Punch Press Operators, Tool & Die Makers and Engineers!
Interested in starting a career in manufacturing? IMS Buhrke-Olson has a world-class apprenticeship program for Tool & Die Makers! Use the General Application link above to contact us regarding our apprentice program.
There are currently 2 open position(s) avaialble:
- Enter Data in Vantage (ERP Software) & Microsoft Access, create and enter routings and bill of materials based on the quote.
- Setup and track new part and revision changes through the departments.
- Markup drawings for feasibility using Adobe Acrobat.
- Copy check drawings from old revision to new revision, and send changes through departments for approval.
- Enter and track outside tool quotes with local and international tooling vendors.
- Obtain, enter and track outside prototype quote.
- Create paperwork and track progress of jobs placed with prototype vendors.
- Maintain various excel spreadsheets weekly as required.
- Assist with quarterly management review reports for engineering and project management milestones.
- Maintain customer and industry standards and specifications through IHS website.
- Assist as needed with prototype packing, handling, and moving between operations.
- Occasional local driving to deliver parts or supplies to vendor and customer.
- Help maintain documents for audit preparation.
- Other special projects as required.
- Education – High school diploma/GED required.
- Experience/Training – Relevant experience within a manufacturing environment preferred. Blueprint reading and / or technical background preferred.
- Language Skills – Must be proficient in written and verbal communication. Must have good interpersonal skills to maintain good relationship with customers and vendors.
- Computer Skills – Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, and Access). Advanced knowledge of Excel preferred. Vantage experience preferred. AutoCAD/Solidworks knowledge is a plus.
Project Management Assistant
World class metal stamper in Arlington Heights has an immediate opening for a Project Management Assistant! Seeking self-motivated individuals with a technical background who are familiar with a manufacturing environment! Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office!
Full-Time Job: Benefits include insurance, vacation, 401k, etc...
- High school diploma and TMA/trade school certified.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in die repair.
- Knowledge of toolroom equipment.
- Must have own tools.
- Must be computer literate.
- Must speak English.
- Strong debugging skills.
- Works well with others as well as independently.
Tool & Die Maker (1st & 2nd Shifts)
World class metal stamper in the Northwest suburbs of Chicago is looking for top level Tool & Die Makers! Seeking self-motivated individuals who are able to work on their own and with a team in a fast-paced toolroom environment maintaining various sized progressive dies and troubleshooting new tools!
Troubleshooting skills are a must! Looking for candidates who want to be challenged and improve their skills.
Experience with dimensional and quality issues preferred.
Top wages for highly skilled and qualified candidates! Benefits include potential signing bonus, vacation, 401k, insurance, etc.! Shift premiums are available for 2nd shift!!